Engineer by day.
Coach by night.
Husband & father 24/7.
Thank you for stopping by.
I wear multiple hats. During the day, I help provide technical advice to decision makers on future transportation projects. I love taking complex data and telling simple stories.
But you’re not here to listen to me geek out about transportation systems.
4D Strength. Right.
Growing up, science & music were big parts of my life. Fitness was not.
I was often the slowest and weakest in my class or team — if I made a team.
Things began to change when I moved away for an internship in the West Coast. I started running and lifting weights by myself. No one to keep up with. No one to compare myself to.
I started to enjoy “working out”. And not surprisingly, I discovered benefits to my mental health too.
As hard as 100 burpees might seem, it’s often easier than the mental or relational struggles we face. For me, physical training not only trained my body, but also my mind, heart … and even my spirit.
I struggled a lot on my fitness journey. Actually, I struggle with a lot of things (including music, math, martial arts). It’s my struggle that inspires me to help others, and what makes me unique.
You see, for me, when I’m interested in something, I obsess. I geek out. I go deep. I’m marked by my curiosity and my pursuit of mastery.
In my journey to become a coach, I sought out teachers across multiple disciplines, including gymnastics, kettlebells, powerlifting, weightlifting, martial arts, nutrition coaching, and more. I still seek to learn from people who I consider at the top of their craft.
Why work with me? I’ll answer that with how I choose coaches & teachers.
I choose a coach who geeks out about the things I care about. Bonus if they geek out about it more than me.
What do I geek out about?
- Evidence-based nutrition & training.
- High-quality movement, building strength & performance in multiple planes (sagittal, frontal, transverse).
- Empowering students with knowledge, tools, and the “why” behind what I do.
- Building systems to develop strength in body, mind, heart and spirit.
I also love talking about coffee, Jesus, physical culture, healthy cities, data analytics, Avengers, Avatar, delicious eats, and music. While I may not be a Star Trek geek or familiar with 18th century American History, I am curious by nature and always open to learn.
If you’d like to work with me and I haven’t scared you away just yet (I’m not for everyone), then I’d love to hear from you! Send me a message or fill out the contact form.
P.S. For reference, here are some of my fitness-related credentials:
- Agatsu Kettlebell Level 2 (2017)
- Agatsu Movement & Mobility Level 2 (2018)
- Agatsu Indian Club & Mace Level 1 (2020)
- Steel Mace Flow Level 1 (2021)
- Precision Nutrition Level 2 (2016)
- GymnasticBodies Seminar with Coach Sommers (2014)
- Weightlifting Seminar with Dmitry Klokov (2014)
- Agatsu Masters of Movement Training Week (Toronto 2015, Bali 2016)
- Fitness Kickboxing & MMA course (2016)
- canfitpro Personal Training Specialist
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (2014, 2019)
- CrossFit Weightlifting course (2014)
- First Aid & CPR